WORK WITH US!
Umoja is currently accepting resumes for:
Media and Communications Strategic Consultant
Umoja Operation Compassion Society works with newcomer immigrants and refugees faced with constraints to integrate due to obstacles such as poverty, learning a new language, unemployment, culture shock, and isolation. Umoja Operation Compassion Society seeks a Media Communications Strategic Consultant; to help support our charitable organization by strengthening our social media outlets and communications contents.
The Media and Communication Strategic Consultant will work under the supervision of the senior team by bearing primary responsible for planning and implementing all media and communications work in support of project activities and strategic objectives. The media and Communications Strategic Consultant will oversee day-to-day management of and content production for all project-related media.
- Develop a media and communications strategy in coordination with the Project Manager and other project staff to support and fulfil project objectives.
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them.
- Manage and develop innovative and strategic cutting-edge social media content and campaigns and grow social media platforms’ audience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant existing and emerging platforms.
- Manage the project’s online social community and engage with community members
- Collaborate with project management team to generate and create innovate digital and multimedia products that will appeal to the target audiences.
- Work with the senior team and other project staff to ensure comprehensive digital coverage of project events and to leverage online media to support offline project activities
- Analyse social media platforms’ digital metrics and provide a narrative monthly digital report to reflect the impact of the content.
- Develop and write case studies and success stories highlighting the importance and success of the project.
- Experience Required: A minimum of 3 years of social media and communications experience
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field or equivalent professional qualification.
- Knowledge of innovations in social media and ability to account for these in social media strategies
- Knowledge of social media platforms including posting and sharing
- Fluency in English language
- Ability to work under pressure, be a self-starter, team builder, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in video production and graphic design are a plus.
Tasks and Deliverables:
In consultation with Umoja Operation Compassion Society, specific deliverables will be agreed at the outset of the consultancy.
The range of deliverables will be focused on media and communication to increase the program visibility work. The consultant anticipated providing support for approximately five months period beginning in January 2021.
Please submit 5-6 sample portfolio pieces that display your social media and communication skillset knowledge and expertise, including your cover letter and resume; send it to by Friday, December 18, 2020. Consideration of applications will begin immediately.
Umoja is not currently accepting resumes at this time. Please check back again soon.