WORK WITH US!
Umoja is currently accepting resumes for the position of Development Director.
This position will be an integral co-leadership role, responsible for the overall leadership and management of Umoja as an organization. The Development Director, jointly with the Programs Director, will ensure that Umoja works to achieve its strategic, operational, and growth objectives as defined by the Board. More specifically, the role of the Development Director will be to facilitate and implement all funding aspects of the organization which include foundation, government, corporate, and private funding sources. Additionally, the Development Director will develop and sustain community partnerships, fundraising related marketing/communications, program development, funding reporting requirements, and ensure practices are in place to align with Umoja’s strategic plan through a collaborative working approach with the Programs Director.
- At least 3 years of work in the non-profit sector
- At least 3 years of work with newcomer immigrants and refugees
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and able to work well independently, while also being part of a team with a collaborative approach to developing ideas and problem solving
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and focus the organization on team and individual development objectives.
- Experience with grant writing and fund development processes
- Experience with managing and growing key partner relationships
- Class 5 BC Driver’s license is a must with a clean driving abstract
- Must be available to work on some evenings and weekends
- Criminal record clearance
Funding & Development
- Seek out funding from new potential donors such as foundations, government funding and corporate funding
- Write grants that Umoja is eligible for and ensure applications are complete, submitted on time, and position Umoja well to be successfully considered
- Develop and sustain partnerships with other community service agencies, existing funders and new potential funders
- Maintain existing contracts and attend meetings with partners/funders to facilitate the successful delivery of those contracts and maintain strong working relationships with partners and funders
- In alignment with Umoja’s funding needs/goals, coordinate and implement fundraising events throughout the year
- Work closely with Programs Director when developing new funding requests to ensure streamlined approach with program logistics that are workable ensuring manageable growth
- Work together with Programs Director to implement organization strategic plan
- Implement a successful donor stewardship plan
- Support with the implementation of an engaging membership program for the organization
- Play a key role as part of the Umoja leadership team, collaborating with the Programs Director, and reporting up to the Board of Directors
- Maintain a strong working relationship with staff and other leadership within Umoja to contribute to the inclusive, welcoming, supportive environment created for families who attend Umoja programs
- Seek to engage in conversations and provide innovative ideas through collaborative working approaches that would contribute to the ongoing successes of Umoja and the positive community impact
- Collect data and complete funding reports according to required guidelines stated in funding contracts
- Determine volunteers/resources needed and oversee the implementation of a program Measurement and Evaluation plan for Umoja
- Work collaboratively with the Programs Director to oversee marketing and communications strategy as it pertains to development related initiatives, events, and campaigns. May be supported by a marketing volunteer
- Ensure maintenance and updates on Umoja’s website for fundraising purposes
- Ensure maintenance of marketing materials (e.g., Annual Report, quarterly newsletter, social media content, event graphics, campaign graphics) for fundraising purposes
- Collaborate with Programs Director to develop the Annual Report
- Meet/connect with strategic partners and work with staff to build program partnerships as needed for funding specific purposes
- Collaborate with the Programs Director to ensure existing programs are aligned with contract requirements, and also to discuss new project funding opportunities that are fit for Umoja.
- Update and maintain information pertaining to donors and funding in the Keela database.
- Support organizational and program-level budget development and reviews in collaboration with the Bookkeeper
- Review the organizations budget monthly to ensure overall funding needs are being met and the Board of Directors are informed of any gaps/needs that arise
This position is part-time for 22-25 hours per week at $30/hour
Please send resumes and cover letter to Jamie Kopp via e-mail: [email protected]